Our goal as a fulfillment company is to provide our clients with complex logistics solutions, from the warehousing of goods to the delivery of the packages to the customers. The e-commerce clients can thus devote themselves fully to their businesses, and many times even at lower costs.
Between storage and delivery, however, there are several activities that complement and complete the fulfillment service. What steps accompany the service process and what they include, you can find in our brief overview.
Procedure in the fulfillment process - storage, picking and packing
- Registering the receipt – The first step is to register your goods in our system, which will notify us of their arrival in the warehouse. It also contains the type of goods, the number of pieces, and possibly other information. Products can come to us directly from the production facility in your warehouse or from a distributor.
- Storage of goods – During storage, the cycle begins for the products through their barcode. If the product does not have a barcode, we can add it individually. During storage, we check whether the goods fit, and the number of pieces indicated on the receipts. Then they are assigned a position in the warehouse, where we store them. After this step, the goods are ready for picking.
- Order from the customer – After e-shop customers order products, we receive information from the orders and necessary documents, such as an invoice or delivery note, into the system. This transfer of information takes place via the API interface, by uploading the .xml export to the web application, or by email.
- Order picking and sorting – Our workers in the picking department receive orders that are assigned to individuals who find the goods in the warehouse. They are accompanied all the time by our Kika information system, which guides them to the exact place where the product is stored with information such as the number of pieces and the like. The worker then scans the barcode of the product and moves the goods to sorting. There, the goods are assigned to a specific customer and prepared for packaging.
- Packaging of goods – Depending on the type of products in the order or the requirements of our e-commerce clients, we assign the order to packaging. With the manual type of packaging, we make sure that the order contains everything through a thorough system and process control. At the same time, the client can also determine the packaging material used or agree on individual boxes that contain, for example, the logo of the e-shop. The second alternative is to send the package directly to machine packaging. Thanks to our automated, high-speed packaging line, we can pack a large volume of packages in a short time, saving a large amount of paper based on fit-to-size packaging. In this way, we can easily handle regular Monday peaks or the pressure of orders in the busiest parts of the season, such as Christmas. At the same time, the cross-docking system is also possible, which is distribution based on immediate transhipment without storing goods.
- Finalization – After packaging, the shipment goes to finalization, where it is checked whether the correct delivery information is provided. Immediately, the package is assigned to our daily line hauls based on country of delivery or courier for the last mile.
- Delivery – The shipment goes to the customer on the same day or the next. Delivery can take place, for example, by our daily line hauls, couriers, the postal service, or via parcel shops or parcel machines. In the meantime, the customer is, of course, informed about the status of his shipment via SMS or email.
- Undelivered or returned orders – Our services also include a solution for returning goods. Returns are brought to us either by couriers or by our transport lines from several European countries. Our returns department will then check the products. If it is an undelivered item, he will check if there is anything missing in the package, if the packaging is not damaged, and move the item back to storage. If the goods are returned by the customer, for any reason, they check the product and communicate with the e-commerce client about the next steps for the product.
- Cash on delivery management – We also take care of COD - cash on delivery, where we process payments for you in all European countries. Thanks to our information system and web application, you have a complete overview of your money. You also receive an invoice and supporting documents from us. After the payments have been processed, the final amount will be sent to your account on a monthly basis.
- Invoicing – The last step of the process is the invoicing of services, which usually happens once a month. You have a regular overview in the client application via the API interface of the volumes of delivered shipments, the countries to which they were sent, and the like. Thanks to the zero-error rate, the amount on invoice is always realistic for the fulfillment services you use.